Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Under the "What the ?" category



I just saw this on the Ski Association website for trail reports:

Say goodbye to perfect trails at Birds Hill Park.  I was enjoying a perfect ski on a perfect trail (Blue Stem) when a skiier approached me from the opposite direction.  He was skate skiing on the track set trail ruining both sets of tracks as he went by.  When I advised him that he should not be skating on this trail and that he was ruining it for other skiers he simply said “get out of my way or I’ll run you over” and “tell somebody who cares”.   He had ruined the Blue Stem trail west of Chickadee as well as part of the Chickadee trail itself.  I am befuddled as to why a skier would be so disrepectful towards the trail and fellow skiers.  This large person was wearing a touque and a heavy green or khaki parka.  Please be on the lookout for this individual.


This trail-wrecking skier sounds like he may be dealing with the emotional frustration of missing out on being part of Downtown Nordic.


Latest Update:
We've figured it out ... clearly this person is Coach Tim ... he must be back and apparently this is how he skied in Saskatchewan.